3 Trends in the Call to Vocational Ministry

ChurchLeaders | 2/13/2018 | Staff
Nighty (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://churchleaders.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/cl-lead-better.jpg

My call to ministry was not a flash of light, an audible voice or a burning bush.

It was a process over time. In fact, after sensing God’s call I “ran” from it for a little over a year. Instead of pursuing full-time ministry, I followed my college degree program in Criminal Justice and worked as a Private Investigator.

Course - Year - God - Voice - Call

Over the course of that year God’s voice became clear and my call inescapable. God’s loving and patient hand wrestled me down to a lifetime call in full-time ministry.

I have loved God and His church in full-time ministry now for over 35 years. I could not then or now imagine doing anything else.

Time - Men - Women - Something - Case

There was a time when I thought most men and women experienced something similar. That is no longer the case.

God moves in very different ways for different reasons to call whom He chooses into vocational ministry.

Time - Someone - Call - Perspective

I will admit there was a time when I was cautious about whether or not someone was serious about their call. My perspective has changed.

I still firmly believe each person should step into ministry without any sense of being double minded or opportunistic. They should be fully and seriously committed to God’s purpose. However, how that plays out may look very different from person to person.

Trends - Call - Ministry

Three trends in the “call” to vocational ministry:

It was only a generation or so ago that most of the individuals called to full-time ministry were young adults in high school or college.

Generation - Church - Leaders - Refers - Adults

The “next generation” of vocational church leaders no longer refers only to young adults. I love the young millennials who are...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
When will they ever learn?
Tagged: