Are You a Builder or a Breaker?

ChurchLeaders | 2/13/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/2.14bulderorbreaker.jpg

I heard about a monk who joined a monastery and took a vow of silence, with the exception of being allowed to speak two words every year. After the first year passed, he was called into the abbot’s office to speak his two words. The monk said, “Bed’s hard.”

Another year passed, and again he went to speak his two words before the abbot. The monk said, “Food’s cold.”

Year - Abbot - Words - Abbot

Another year went by, and he appeared once again before the abbot. “You’re allowed your two words,” the abbot told him. “What are they?”

The monk said, “I quit.”

Wonder - Abbot - Complain

“It’s no wonder!” the abbot exclaimed. “Since you’ve been here, all you’ve done is complain!”

That is true of some people. All they want to do is complain. My friend James Merritt says there are two kinds of people in this world: those who are born again, and those who are born against. Some people are simply contrary. Nothing pleases them. Nothing meets their standards. They actually like to go and make trouble in the lives of others. As Proverbs 4:16 says, evil people are restless unless they’re making trouble. They can’t even get a good night’s sleep unless they have made life miserable for someone.

Zig - Ziglar - Criticism - Remember - Taste

Zig Ziglar said, “Don’t be distracted by criticism. Remember, the only taste of success some people have is when they take a bite out of you.”

The Old Testament tells the story of Nehemiah, who was called by God to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem. Two names, however, keep popping up in the narrative: Sanballat and Tobiah. They were the initial opponents of Nehemiah and God’s people, and they went from minor irritation to full-blown rage.

Nehemiah - King - Cupbearer - Proximity - King

Nehemiah was the king’s cupbearer, which put him in close proximity to the king. He not only was in a place of influence, but he also was in...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Hell sometimes looks an awful lot like an office cubicle.
Tagged: