Card. Zen: I still don’t understand why they are in dialogue with China

www.asianews.it | 2/13/2018 | Staff
MysticHeart (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://www.asianews.it/files/img/POPE-Zen.jpg

Hong Kong (AsiaNews) - Reconciliation between official and underground communities in China, is not "without difficulty but possible"; the need for dialogue between China and the Vatican to clarify intent, "a true religious freedom" and not a situation in which "the State ... manages the Catholic Church in China", in short a "schismatic" church; the accusations that Vatican diplomacy is "manipulating" Benedict XVI’s Letter to Chinese Catholics and their "veneration" of Card. Agostino Casaroli’s dated Ostpolitik; submission to the judgment of Pope Francis who, according to the author, is not in line with his collaborators in the Curia. These are some of the themes addressed in this essay sent to us by Card. Joseph Zen, bishop emeritus of Hong Kong. All emphasis from the original.

A response to "Why we are in dialogue with China", the interview that His Eminence Cardinal Parolin gave to Gianni Valente (that is, an interview cooked up between the two).

Interview - Times - Reading - Order - Comments

I read the interview several times, now I read it again (even if the reading repels me) in order to honestly make my comments.

I am grateful to His Eminence for recognizing that "it is legitimate to have different opinions".

First - Insistence - Eminence - Affirms - Point

First of all, we note the insistence with which His Eminence affirms that his point of view and the purpose of his activities are of a pastoral, spiritual, evangelical and faith-based nature, while our thinking and acting is only in a political key.

What we see instead is that he venerates the Ostpolitik diplomacy of his master Casaroli and despises the genuine faith of those who firmly defend the Church founded by Jesus on the Apostles from any interference by secular power.

Amazement - Report - Osservatore - Romano - Years

I will never forget my amazement at reading a report in the Osservatore Romano a few years ago on a speech that he had given where he describes the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.asianews.it
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: