We tried 9 popular boxes of Valentine's Day chocolates — here's the only one you should buy

Business Insider | 2/13/2018 | Taste of Home
max1max1 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://static.businessinsider.com/image/5a8355237708e9010517d934-750.jpg

When it comes to choosing the right chocolates for Valentine's Day, the wide selection of choices can be overwhelming.

After sampling nine of the major chocolates, it became clear which one would come out on top.

Russell - Stover - Value - Kilwins - Assortment

Russell Stover provided the best value, while Kilwins had the best assortment of chocolates for a Valentine's Day gift.

When Valentine's Day comes around every year, couple start dreaming up romantic dinner plans and many friends put together fun Galentine's Day parties. While I like a nice dinner and a night out with my friends as much as the next gal, I'm all about the chocolate on Valentine's Day.

February - Hits - Supermarket - Drug - Store

And can you blame me? The second February hits, every supermarket, drug store and shopping mall is packed to the gills with chocolate options — it's so tempting! I certainly have no problem trying them all, but it's important to me that all the husbands, wives, friends and the like know which brands are best for giving to their sweethearts this Valentine's Day.

So this time around, I rounded up nine brands of Valentine's Day chocolates — a few major names and a few lesser known — to test their candies in time for Valentine's Day gift giving. Along with a crew of dedicated taste testers, here's what we tried: Fannie May, Ghirardelli, Godiva, Hershey's Pot of Gold, Kilwin's, Lindt, Russell Stover, See's, and Whitman.

Honors

Find out who got our top honors!

Since Valentine's Day is a special occasion, I expect just a little something extra from my chocolate. In this regard Ghirardelli received low marks from my crew. Opening up the box, it was full of those traditional Ghirardelli squares in sea salt dark chocolate, sea salt milk chocolate and strawberry bark. The strawberry bark was new, but those familiar foil-wrapped squares were not. For that reason (and the limited variety)...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Business Insider
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Goverment, no matter how big, is always a big problem.
Tagged: