His Shiniest Gold Medal Yet: Shaun White's Struggle to Get Back to the Olympics After a Gruesome Injury and Major Disappointment

E! Online | 2/13/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: http://akns-images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2018113/rs_600x600-180213195740-600.shaun-white-2018-winter-olympics-2.ct.021318.jpg?fit=around%7C450:350&crop=450:350;center,top&output-quality=100

Neighborhood watch👮🏻

A post shared by Shaun White (@shaunwhite) on

"People ask, 'When are you going to get over it?' You know, the loss or whatever. You don't, you don't really ever get over it," White told NBC Sports a year ago, reflecting on his failure to medal in Sochi. "It's kind of like you have a scar from falling off a bike, it's just with you forever. But you learn from it. So it's a part of me now, which is great. As hard as it was, I'm thankful that it happened because it taught me a lot."

The support he received from family, friends and fans—"my dog still liked me!"—who were still appreciative of everything he'd already accomplished helped him recover psychologically and got him excited to compete again.

Time - Coach - Trainer - Therapist - Sponsors

"So learning from that, I came back this time around with a new coach, new trainer, new physical therapist, new sponsors, new haircut," quipped the athlete once—and often still—dubbed "the Flying Tomato" for his flowing red locks, which he chopped off and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: E! Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Drove my Ford to the fjord, but the fjord was dry. . .