CHRISTIAN JUDGE WINS $300,000 IN GAY MARRIAGE CASE

www.churchmilitant.com | 2/9/2018 | Staff
Frost123 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.churchmilitant.com/images/social_images/2018-02-09-North_Carolina_Religious_Liberty.jpg

You are not signed in as a Premium user; we rely on Premium users to support our news reporting. Sign in or Sign up today!

RALEIGH, N.C. (ChurchMilitant.com) - A Christian judge in North Carolina reached a $300,000 settlement with the state in a lawsuit for her conscience rights.

Settlement - Place - November - Knowledge - Wednesday

The settlement took place in November 2017 but was not public knowledge until this Wednesday.

The state government would not allow accommodations, however, Myrick was pressured into resigning in October 2014, just weeks before her retirement benefits began.

Settlement - Myrick - Attorney - Fees - Pay

The $300,000 settlement covered Myrick's attorney fees, lost pay and retirement benefits.

"When same-sex marriage became legal," Myrick said in an online video, "I knew because of my religious convictions I would not be able to perform the ceremonies."

Beliefs - Way - State - Couples - Supervisor

She wanted to act on her sincerely held religious beliefs in a way that would not inconvenience the state, nor homosexual couples. She said she and her supervisor planned to "change my schedule so that I did not do any wedding ceremonies at all."

But this plan between Myrick and her immediate supervisor was shot down by higher authorities. Legal counsel Stephanie Barclay said, "Despite her immediate supervisor's solution and support from her coworkers, a higher-level supervisor said that because Gayle's religious beliefs were motivating her request to shift hours, that request was denied."

Barclay

Barclay continued:

What's interesting is that if Gayle had made her scheduling request for...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.churchmilitant.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Drove my Ford to the fjord, but the fjord was dry. . .