Kirsten Gillibrand vows to reject campaign contributions from corporate PACs

Washington Examiner | 2/13/2018 | Melissa Quinn
maye (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://cdn.washingtonexaminer.biz/cache/1060x600-9749a969d5a654649bdd220de44862c7.jpg

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., has vowed to no longer accept campaign contributions from corporate PACs, she announced Tuesday.

With the new pledge, taken in conjunction with the group End Citizens United, Gillibrand became the fourth sitting U.S. senator to reject corporate PAC money, joining Sens. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., and Maria Cantwell, D-Wash.

Single - Keyword - Ad - Group - A

What is Single Keyword Ad Group? A PPC Hack You'll Never Forget!

“Because of the corrosive effect of corporate money in politics, I’ve decided from this point on I am no longer accepting corporate PAC checks into my campaign,” Gillibrand said in a video announcing her decision. “We have a system where corporations can spend unlimited money that isn’t even disclosed, so there’s no transparency.”

Open - Secrets - Campaign - Contributions - Senator

According to Open Secrets, which tracks campaign contributions, the Democratic senator accepted $4.9 million from business PACs from 2005-2018. Gillibrand said her worry about corporate money in politics stems from the 2010 U.S. Supreme Court ruling in Citizens...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Examiner
Wake Up To Breaking News!