From casting to meet and greets, a Disney princess reveals what her job is really like

Business Insider | 2/12/2018 | Alix Tunell, Refinery29
Click For Photo: http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/5a8213fdec1ade549d377719-1190-625/from-casting-to-meet-and-greets-a-disney-princess-reveals-what-her-job-is-really-like.jpg

Becoming a Disney princess is surprisingly difficult — only 30 out of 600 women are chosen.

Princesses don't have any say in the characters they are given.

Hair - Nails

Hair must appear natural and you must always have your nails clipped.

Disney Princesses are taught how to do their own makeup to fit their character.

Becca* - Disney - Princess - Disneyland - Anaheim

Becca* works part-time as a Disney princess at Disneyland in Anaheim, California. The following interview was told to Alix Tunell and edited for length and clarity.

I've been working at Disney for several years. A year before I got the job, I vacationed with my family at Disneyland and my little sister was so excited to meet Tiana. I remember thinking then how cool would it be to have that job, so when I got home, I googled what it takes to be a Disney princess. I read all about the hiring process and found the site where they post the character auditions. I knew that the next fall I'd be moving to Orange County for school, and it just so happened there was an audition my first weekend there.

Say - Characters - Ariel - Elsa - Monologue

We didn't have a say in the characters we were given. Ariel was my favorite and I thought they would ask us, but nope. I was handed an Elsa monologue at the audition and that’s how I found out that's who they were considering me for. Once you’re officially hired, they say you’re always in consideration for other roles, though. I work part-time and typically average 20 hours a week; a normal weekly paycheck for me is between $250 and $350.

Every day starts the same. We come to work in our own clothes, because our costumes stay on the property at all times. We clock in, collect all the costume pieces we’ll need for the day, do our stretch and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Business Insider
Wake Up To Breaking News!