It’s alright, Christian Kelly Clark says after final Olympics run

Religion News Service | 2/12/2018 | Kimberly Winston
Click For Photo: https://religionnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/reversedlogo_applenewsonly.revised.png

(RNS) In 2004, Team USA Olympic snowboarder Kelly Clark, then 18, had everything she ever wanted: money, fame and an Olympic gold medal.

But at another competition, she heard someone tell a young female competitor who wiped out, “It’s alright, God still loves you.”

Hotel - Room - Search - Woman - Hotel

That sent her back to her hotel room in search of a bible. When she couldn’t find one, she found the young woman instead, who was at the same hotel, and said, ” I think you might be a Christian and I think you need to tell me about God.”

That encounter, which Clark, 34, relates in her memoir “Inspired: Pursuit of Progress,” changed her life. She became a Christian, a fact she advertises with a sticker on her snowboard that reads, “Jesus, I cannot hide my love.”

Monday - Feb - Clark - Rhode - Island

On Monday (Feb. 12) Clark, who is originally from Rhode Island but trains in California, qualified for the women’s halfpipe finals at the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang — her fifth Olympic appearance. After three crowd-pleasing runs, she landed just out of medal range at fourth place.

Minutes later, looking back on what was to be her final Olympic appearance, it was her turn to tell NBC that it’s alright.

Kind

“I just kind of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Religion News Service
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Hell sometimes looks an awful lot like an office cubicle.
Tagged: