Samantha Bee, Crew Capture Blackout While Filming in Puerto Rico (Watch)

Variety | 2/12/2018 | Kirsten Chuba
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2017/07/samantha-bee.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

Samantha Bee was one of the thousands of people affected by a major power outage in Puerto Rico on Sunday, where the comedian is currently filming a one-hour travel special for “Full Frontal with Samantha Bee.”

Following Puerto Rico’s five month power outage in the wake of Hurricane Maria, the longest and largest blackout in U.S. history, the island was again thrown into darkness over the weekend when a fire at a main power station caused another blackout.

Staff - Power - San - Juan - Night

“My staff and I watched the power go out across San Juan last night and within minutes were lighting fires in our hotel rooms and drinking the contents of our minibars for warmth,” Bee said in a statement to Variety. “Probably could learn a few lessons from the resilience of the Puerto Rican people, over a million of whom still don’t have power after five months. If our administration wants to make America great again, I suggest they start with...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!