#CFP Worldbuilding and Religion at #AARSBL18

Click For Photo: http://wp.production.patheos.com/blogs/religionprof/files/2016/12/call-for-papers2.png

This call for papers for the AAR annual meeting in November is worth sharing here, falling as it does at the intersection of religion and science fiction:

I am working to organize a panel proposal for this year’s American Academy of Religion conference for the Religion and Science Fiction Unit. In particular, I am looking for fellow panelists interested in presenting papers on the topic “Transposition of Religious and Theological Concepts Through Worldbuilding.” If you are interested, I would need your 1,000-word proposal and 150-word abstract by February 23rd so that I can draft a cohesive 1,000-word panel proposal before the final deadline. Please reach out to me if you are interested. When authors, filmmakers, videogame designers and other sf creators engage in elaborate worldmaking, they often transform, adapt, translate, recombine, and transpose concepts from historical religions, theologies, and worldviews. Your proposal might look at a single work or artist, a class of works that engage in a similar type of “transposition,” a variety of ways a particular worldview has been transposed into sf, and so on. If you would like to correspond more about potential ideas, please feel free to contact me.

Interest - People

Another that will be of interest to many of the same people is this one:

I am organizing a panel in response to this year’s call for papers from the Religion and Popular Culture Unit of the American Academy of Religion. In...
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Conservatives are to the GOP what oil is to water, and the GOPe spend most of their time skimming it off or setting it on fire.