Taj Mahal is turning YELLOW because of bad pollution as Indian judges tell ministers more must be done to protect the iconic marble monument from filthy smog

Mail Online | 2/11/2018 | Phoebe Southworth For Mailonline
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/02/11/20/491C923D00000578-0-image-a-50_1518381440585.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2016/04/16/4604429325395475403/1024x576_4604429325395475403.mp4

One of the world's most famous buildings - visited by world leaders, royalty and Hollywood stars - is turning a sludgy yellow-brown colour, prompting calls for urgent action.

The Taj Mahal, India's biggest attraction, is being badly affected by pollution which has caused the 400-year-old monument's white marble to become discoloured.

Judges - Ministers - Building - Smog - Industries

Now Indian judges have told ministers more must be done to protect the iconic building from the smog coming from polluting industries nearby, which conservationists have long fought to close.

India’s Supreme Court demanded a detailed plan to protect the historic site, warning the state government’s ad hoc approach was putting it in jeopardy.

Judges - State - Government - Uttar - Pradesh

Judges told the state government of Uttar Pradesh to produce a ‘vision document’ outlining its plan for protecting the wonder of the world, which must be published within a month.

But years of interventions - including using mudpacks to draw the stain from the stone - have failed to arrest the slow decay of the iconic building.

Court - Concern - Flurry - Activities - Buffer

In particular the court expressed concern about a ‘sudden flurry of activities’ in the buffer zone around the monument which was intended to protect it from pollution.

‘Leather industries and hotels are coming up there. Why?’ the court asked.

State - Government - Court

The state government was also told to notify the court...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Drove my Ford to the fjord, but the fjord was dry. . .