It is possible to do more by doing less — here's how

Business Insider | 2/11/2018 | Scott Anderson, Entrepreneur
shardonay (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/5a7a1cba136ec529008b48d1-1190-625/it-is-possible-to-do-more-by-doing-less--heres-how.jpg

By making your to-do list shorter you can actually accomplish more.

It is essential to calculate your effective hourly rate — as a result, you will discover which insignificant and time-consuming tasks you are able to 'shed'.

Delegate - Tasks - Importance - Others - Time

Delegate any tasks of lesser importance to others, and free up time for duties that require prioritization.

Like many entrepreneurs, I have a low attention span and a great number of interests, causing just about everything to stick to my snowball as it rolls down the hill. One of the questions that I need to continually ask myself, therefore, is, 'What can I shed?' It's important for me to be constantly shedding the interesting but not necessarily urgent or important tasks that I seem to pick up unknowingly along the way. The concept of doing the very most important things and not wasting any time on anything that's even marginally important, is the art and science of shedding, and will help you do more by doing less.

Puritan - Work - Ethic - Client - Client

It seems to go against the Puritan work ethic with which we were raised that we should even think about doing less. But, I've seen this proved in client after client that, by focusing on a much shorter list of much more important tasks and initiatives, you can actually accomplish more.

Most people when they're promoted drag with them everything they used to do into the new job, along with everything they've been promoted to do. This tends to happen even in the highest positions, such as among presidents or CEOs, in part because it's a habit and they tend to be ultra-responsible and ultra-conscientious, and also because they have not honed the art of delegation.

Practice - Art - Rate - EHR - Business

To practice the art of shedding, consider first your effective hourly rate, or EHR, which can be determined by dividing your net annual business...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Business Insider
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: