Women proposing to their boyfriends are the latest #MeToo culture shift

New York Post | 2/10/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2018/02/020818proposal7hs_154775988.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1200

From #Metoo to #IDo.

Many modern brides living in the age of female empowerment aren’t waiting for prince charming to pop the question — they’re taking their happily-ever-afters into their own hands.

Ring - Woman - Rebecca - Reed - Boyfriend

“I knew if I proposed he would have a ring and I wouldn’t be like a kept woman,” said Rebecca Reed, who proposed to her boyfriend in July on their one-year anniversary date. “I was like: I’m taking it by the balls and doing it.”

Danielle Sinay, emboldened by the women’s movement, asked her boyfriend of three years to marry her in October.

Something - Flaw - Lot

“Knowing it’s accepted and seen as something positive opposed to a flaw, I felt a lot better doing it,” she said.

Planner Ash Fox is staging a proposal next week for a female client asking her boyfriend for his hand in marriage.

Set-up - Question - Guy

“She’s making it happen for herself,” she said of the traditional set-up for the unconventional question. “You shouldn’t have to wait for a guy.”

Reed refused to get on bended knee. Instead, the 34-year-old wedding photographer and her 36-year-old fiancé, Steven Jauch, had just finished dessert at Grand Army in Boerum Hill when she slipped a card across the table.

Case - Steve - Anymore - Note - Reed

“In case you don’t want to be single Steve anymore,” he read from the note inside as Reed pulled out another surprise — a titanium engagement band she ordered off Amazon for $10.

“I did not get down on one knee. I felt like it is super antiquated and it was one reason I didn’t want him to propose to me,” Reed said. “He started laughing, because at first he assumed it was a joke, and so I had to go ‘No I’m serious. Will you marry me?’”

Jauch

Jauch said yes.

Their waitress brought congratulatory champagne and Reed snapped a photo of her ringless hand atop her new fiance’s.

Media - Engagement

On social media, they posted engagement...
(Excerpt) Read more at: New York Post
Wake Up To Breaking News!