How Can I Be More Honest With My Spouse?

Rick Thomas | 1/24/2018 | Rick Thomas
hakimi308hakimi308 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://rickthomas.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/RMlogoHowcanIbemorehonestwithmyspouse.jpg

How honest can you be with your spouse? Is your marriage vulnerable and safe enough to communicate honestly? Are you free from critique and condemnation, which releases you to talk transparently?

Our podcasts are on iTunes, Google Play, SoundCloud, TuneIn, or Stitcher. If you want to comment on this content, go here.

You may want to read:

What Is Righteous Anger?

Kinds - Questions - Lord - Example - God

It may serve you to begin thinking about these kinds of questions by focusing on how you relate to the Lord. For example, you are called to emulate God (Ephesians 5:1). As you continue to think about how you relate to Him, it will provide you with a template for how to interact with others, especially your spouse.

I suspect you are open, honest, and transparent with the Lord. You freely talk to Him (prayer), and He freely speaks to you (Bible). He knows you through and through, and though your relationship is not perfect because you’re not perfect, you are maturing in your relationship with Him.

Gospel - Relationship - Lord - Others - Relationships

Because of the gospel, you have a relationship with the Lord that teaches you how to engage others, even if those relationships are complicated. God is the hostility remover, who enables you to enjoy peace with Him and with others.

If you are married, you have a remarkable opportunity to export your relationship with the Lord to your spouse. But you may say, “Rick, you’re crazy. That’s impossible! You don’t know my spouse.” And I agree with you.

Crazy

I’m probably a little crazy.

It is impossible…at least impossible apart from the grace of God.

Spouse

And I do not know your spouse.

I do know what a Christian marriage could be like and how you should be striving to imitate the life of Christ in your marriage (1 Corinthians 11:1). Imitating Jesus and exporting His life and values to others are what all Christians...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Rick Thomas
Wake Up To Breaking News!
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.
Tagged: