Clueless: CNN’s Karem Suggests Trump Doesn’t Deserve ‘Credit’ for Corporate Investments

NewsBusters | 1/23/2018 | Staff
SweetStuff33 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/2018-01-23-wh-pressbriefing-karemtaxes.jpg

CNN political analyst, Playboy correspondent, and Sentinel Newspapers editor Brian Karem made a fool of himself during Tuesday’s White House briefing, suggesting to Gary Cohn that it’s “unfair” to give President Trump “credit” for the bounty of businesses announcing employee bonuses and new investments post-tax reform.

Taking a page from MSNBC’s Katy Tur when questioning conservative Congressman Dave Brat (R-Va.), Karem argued that we’ve seen “a litany of — of businesses that are going to give back to the American people, but doesn’t — isn't it unfair to give the president credit for that?”

Money - Coffers - Question - Karem

“They had that money in their coffers, right? I mean, what we’re saying, are they would have not turned it loose otherwise? And then I had a second question for him,” Karem added.

Karem clearly showed zero comprehension for how business sat on money and didn’t invest it during the previous eight years because of a less-than-hospitable business climate. If you’re a business executive and you know that any money spent on growing your operations will be consumed by, say, new regulations, you don’t spend that money.

Person - Washington - DC - Area - Sentinel

It’s not particularly surprising since this is a person who works in the Washington D.C. area and his Sentinel Newspapers serve the D.C. suburb of Montgomery County, Maryland where the economy is government-dependent.

Cohn blasted Karem, stating that “I disagree with your premise completely” before continuing:

Money - Coffers - Year - Year - Year

If they had their money in the coffers, they could have done it last year or the year before or the year before. It seems like, not seems like, since we have passed the tax reform plan, all these announcements have been made and if you look specifically at the words in most of these press releases, all of them are talking about the regulatory relief...and we've seen tax plan mentioned directly, that companies now feel more...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!