Scarborough: ‘I’m Sounding More Like’ a Democrat ‘Every Morning’

NewsBusters | 1/23/2018 | Staff
josh567 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/morning_joe_-_06_10_24_am.jpg

Joe Scarborough, host of MSNBC’s Morning Joe confessed on his show Tuesday morning that he is “sounding more like” a Democrat every morning.

The comment came up while panelists were discussing the end of the government shutdown. Commentary Magazine’s Noah Rothman argued that the C.H.I.P. funding secured in the Monday bill to reopen the government amounted to an optics defeat for congressional Democrats, as last Friday’s bill – which Democrats voted against – had contained the same proposal. Scarborough disagreed: “But if I'm a Democrat, and of course, I'm not, but God knows I'm sounding more like one every morning...”

Scarborough - Chuckles - Panelists - Fiancee - Co-host

Scarborough’s fumble elicited chuckles from his fellow panelists, while his fiancee and co-host Mika Brezinski replied, “I’m very proud of you.”

He continued excitedly, “If I’m a Democrat, and I went back to my Town Hall meeting, and they said, ‘You backed down!’ I would say, ‘I did what? I guaranteed – by standing up to Donald Trump and making sure he was out of this process – I guaranteed C.H.I.P. funding.’”

Democrats - Extension - CHIP - Funding - Policy

The former-Republican-turned-Independent went on to explain how Democrats could frame the extension of C.H.I.P. funding as a policy victory: “You're telling me that a three-day shutdown wasn't worth guaranteeing health care for millions and millions of the truly disadvantaged children? That's a win for Democrats if they know how to spin it...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Don't touch that, you don't know where it's been.