Ryan Murphy Calls His New Show ‘A Bracing Cold Slap’ Against Trump

NewsBusters | 1/18/2018 | Staff
amyc9948 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/gianni_versace_pic.png

Apparently a miniseries based on true crime can be a political statement of the resistance.

Ryan Murphy believes his American Crime Story second season is something that will be relevant, thanks to none other than President Trump. According to Entertainment Weekly, the installment, titled The Assassination of Gianni Versace, is “a chance to discuss sexuality and homophobia in the 1990s.” Murphy told EW: “This is a bracing cold slap against the policies that the current government has.”

Season - Horror - Story - Trump - Supporters

Even though the entire seventh season of American Horror Story was based on Trump supporters versus Hillary supporters, apparently it just wasn’t enough. Murphy isn’t happy with characterizing Trump and his supporters as vulgar, low buffoons in the context of a freak show. Now, he must make sure that the world gets yet another reiteration of his opinions: “One of the reasons I wanted to do this was I felt that Obama was a president who I revered. He was my president. I felt there was so much progress in terms of gay rights and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: