‘In Essentials, Unity’ Includes Sexual Morality

The Aquila Report | 1/14/2018 | Staff
kringkring (Posted by) Level 4
They [Jerusalem Council] imposed the first rule to keep Christianity distinct and holy unto the Lord — clearly not optional! The prohibition against eating “what has been strangled” enforced the rule against eating the blood of animals, a command that was never meant only for Jews…And so is sexual morality. From the beginning and throughout all Scripture, God intended sex to be for a man and woman who are married to each other. This earliest church council made that clear, one more time.

“In essentials unity, in non-essentials liberty, in all things charity.” So goes the wisdom, dating back to the 17th century. But what’s really essential?

Couple - Weeks - Someone - Essentials - Everyone

A couple weeks ago someone charged me with making my essentials into everyone’s essentials. He was talking about my stance against gay marriage and LGBT moral opinions. If he was right, I was being pretty obnoxious. But what if my stance isn’t just mine? What if it’s essential for the whole Church?

Most Christians believe we can have true fellowship with others who disagree with us on really important matters. For the most part, believers agree that we can have fellowship even when we disagree over the timing and mode of baptism, what it means to be filled...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Aquila Report
Wake Up To Breaking News!
If the Government could just stop...