“Creedence Clearwater Revival’s” John Fogerty is tired of people abusing his music

Rare | 1/13/2018 | Christabel Duah
lukealukea (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://coxrare.files.wordpress.com/2018/01/gettyimages-815862682.jpg?w=1200&h=627&crop=1

“Creedence Clearwater Revival’s” former frontman John Fogerty is sick of one of his most famous songs being abused in the media, and he’s not mincing words.

The rocker took to Twitter to address Taraji P. Henson’s new movie, “Proud Mary,” for taking on the name of his hit song as its title when it “has nothing to do with [him], or [his] song.”

People - Popularity - Music - Public - Gain

“It irks me when people seek to capitalize on the popularity of my music and the good will [sic] it has earned with the public for their own financial gain,” the 72-year-old wrote. “Over the years, I have often found myself directly opposed to these uses. This movie has nothing to do with me, or my song. They simply picked the title and wrote a completely fictitious story around it.”

Fogerty wrote and performed the song in 1969 with his band. Since its release, it’s been featured all over film and television, with covers from famed musicians, including Ike and Tina Turner.

Film - Henson - Assassin - Mary - Turner

In the film, Henson plays an assassin named Mary; the Turner’s version...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Rare
Wake Up To Breaking News!