Click For Photo: https://static.pjmedia.com/lifestyle/user-content/36/files/2018/01/Screen-Shot-2018-01-12-at-2.46.41-PM.sized-770x415xc.png
I took the very real tide pod challenge today as I was challenged by Nathaniel Danger. Good thing I bought the digital version. Jordan Dedene, you're next. $20 or bust (open a tide pod).Posted by Josh Taube on Wednesday, January 10, 2018
The kids are into some weird challenges these days. “Tide Pod” Challenge complete. Charlie Parrott you now have 24 hours to participate or you owe myself, Josh Taube, and Nathaniel Danger $20 each. Good luck. And God speed.Posted by Jordan Dedene on Wednesday, January 10, 2018
Teenagers have started eating laundry detergent in the "Tide Pod Challenge."
"I cannot believe I'm about to do what I'm gonna do," YouTuber Marc Pagan said before sinking his teeth into a Tide Pod. "I'm just bored, so I'm doing something right now that is completely stupid."
Pod - Dare - Mouth
"I know I shouldn't do it and I don't want to do it, but I'm doing it," the 19-year-old said. He ate the pod on a dare, and immediately had to wash out his mouth.
Detergent pods include various toxic ingredients, including ethanol, hydrogen peroxide, and polymers. These toxins clean clothes effectively, but provide the opposite of nutritional value. Indeed, ten deaths have been linked to the ingestion of these kinds of pods. Two toddlers died this way, and eight seniors with dementia perished after consuming detergent, CBS News reported.
Ann - Marie - Buerkle - Chairman - Consumer
Ann Marie Buerkle, acting chairman of the Consumer Product Safety Commission, expressed worry about the trend. "This is what started out as a joke on the internet and now it's just gone too far," she said.
A previous scare in 2015 — when concerns focused on toddlers accidentally eating the pods — inspired calls from Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.) for new regulations on the pods.
Case - People
In this case, people know it's stupid and dangerous, but...
Wake Up To Breaking News!