Life in God’s Presence: Part 1

Frank Viola | 1/13/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: http://wp.production.patheos.com/blogs/frankviola/files/2018/01/51YsAKJjhjL._SX331_BO1204203200_.jpg

Today I interview Kenneth Boa, the author of the superb new book, Life in the Presence of God.

It’s rare that I come across a kindred spirit in the area of knowing the Lord. But Ken is one of those rare souls.

Book - Life - Presence - God

I highly recommend his book, Life in the Presence of God.

The book is so good I added it to my 100 Best Christian Books List.

Anyways - Part - Interview - Ken

Anyways, here is Part 1 of my interview with Ken.

Enjoy!

People - Weather - Sauna - Way - Experience

Most people can describe what it feels like to sit in cold weather. They can also describe what it feels like to sit in a sauna. In the same way, how do you personally describe the experience of God’s presence? How do you describe the feeling, sense, or consciousness of God’s presence and how it differs from when you don’t feel, sense, or are conscious of His presence?

Ken Boa: St. Augustine and others throughout the years have tried to describe God’s presence and leading. It’s not easy to do. The things of God are accompanied by a peace rather than anxiety, a sense of proportionality and rightness. When something is not of him, there’s often a check in my spirit, something that doesn’t feel right about it. I can’t always put my finger on why, and sometimes it’s the right thing but the wrong timing. When this happens, you want to slow down and wait for God’s timing. The potential for self-deception, for imposing our own desires and agenda on God’s, is why it’s so important that we immerse ourselves in the divine milieu and train ourselves to recognize him. This takes years of training and learning how to discern, and we’ll all make mistakes at times—thinking something is from him that’s not, although you may not realize this is the case until later.

Out of all the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Frank Viola
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: