Five Principles for Maximizing Your New Year

The Aquila Report | 1/13/2018 | Staff
ditranian (Posted by) Level 3
“Having a routine and sticking to it, whenever possible, is key. I am mindful of how much time I give to social media, web surfing, and other rabbit trails that will distract and move me from the important to the intriguing. John Piper once quipped that Facebook will be used at the judgment seat as evidence that we had enough time for prayer, but we squandered it away. “

Recently, I received a kind email inquiring how I maintain my personal schedule, many life commitments, and most faithfully steward all the Lord has entrusted to me. There’s a sense in which I hate answering questions like this because too often it smacks of “Success and how I’ve achieved it.” Yet, I banged out a brief reply to this inquiring pastor, hoping to help him. Here are five principles I shared with him. Perhaps you’ll find them helpful as you navigate the new year.

Stewardship - Life - Family - Lens - Stewardship

1. Stewardship. I view my life, family, and calling all through the lens of stewardship. I do not own these things; I am a mere custodian. I will give an account one day for how I stewarded every aspect of my life, and all the Lord has entrusted to me. How I allocate my time, who I intentionally invest in, when and where I devote my energy, how faithfully I minister the gospel and the Word of God, and so much more, all matter. I am just a steward, but I am the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Aquila Report
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: