Tennis: Tired Of The ‘Roller-Coaster’, Kyrgios Seeks A Steady Ride

www.oann.com | 1/13/2018 | Staff
jster97 (Posted by) Level 3
MELBOURNE (Reuters) – An upbeat but calm Nick Kyrgios heads into the Australian Open feeling confident about his mental game and keen to keep a level head through the season after a “roller-coaster” ride in 2017.

The 22-year-old Australian clinched his fourth title at the lead-up Brisbane International, easing concerns over a troublesome hip while raising excitement levels about his prospects at his home grand slam.

Start - Kyrgios - Emotions - Games - ATP

It has been an encouraging start for Kyrgios, who has always struggled to control his emotions while wielding one of the most devastating games on the ATP Tour.

After claiming three titles in an encouraging 2016, last season had its moments, and he showed impressive form during the ‘Sunshine Swing’ in North America, beating Novak Djokovic twice and pushing Roger Federer to the wall in a classic final at the Masters 1000 tournament in Miami.

Year - Slams - Hip - Problems

But the year was largely deflating, as he was bundled out early from the grand slams while battling hip problems through most of them.

“I think last year there were periods where I was really good and really bad,” he told reporters at Melbourne Park on Saturday.

End - Day - Year - Energy

“But at the end of the day, I just need to know it’s a long year. I can’t expend too much energy,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.oann.com
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!