Weekly Meanderings, 13 Jan 2018

Jesus Creed | 1/13/2018 | Staff
dewbydewby (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://wp.production.patheos.com/blogs/jesuscreed/files/2016/12/Screen-Shot-2016-12-20-at-5.58.52-AM-300x199.png

Good morning!

Good for Janice Dean: a viewer, well, criticized her legs. Her response?

Legs - Sore - Spot - MS - Ability

My big legs have always been a sore spot for me – but now more than ever I am proud of them. Because with MS, I could lose my ability to walk literally any day. So I’ve learned to be proud of my legs, and am grateful for them every day of my life.

Fun read; whacky church names.

Christian - Satire - Site - Babylon - Bee

The Christian satire site Babylon Bee recently skewered the growing trend of trendy church names. Forget words like “Faith,” “Bible,” “Church,” or—heaven forbid—the name of your denomination, they advised. Don’t go with a name that gives visitors information about your church, said imaginary consultants. Go with a name you can market.

I had a good laugh, but it got me thinking. What if I compiled my own list of the most cringe-worthy actual church names? So I conducted an informal social media survey, and was overwhelmed by the responses. For your convenience, I’ve pared down the list (really, I did!) and broken these church names (all of which I’ve checked, and all of which are real) into nine handy categories.

Burning - Hearts - Door - Hope - Station

The best included, “Burning Hearts,” “Door of Hope,” “Epiphany Station,” “Liberating Spirit,” “Mercy Road,” “New Horizons,” “Passion,” “Second Chance Church,” “Shepherd of the Prairie,” “The Nest of Love,” “The Refuge,” and “Word Aflame.”

Beth Allison Barr:

Woman - Baptist - Church - Feelings - Paul

It really struck me. As a young woman growing up in a conservative Southern Baptist church, I always had mixed feelings about Paul. I loved his bold statements; I loved how he explained who Jesus was and why we need Christ; I loved how he explained the transformation of Christians–the new life we have in Christ. My favorite scripture has always been Philippians 4:6-8. I learned about the peace of God from Paul, a peace that passes all understanding...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Jesus Creed
Wake Up To Breaking News!
The only change you ever get from the goverment is what's in your pocket, and worth less every day.
Tagged: