'I want to throttle him - but I can't stop loving him': Devastated wife of TV presenter Richard Keys reveals her turmoil after his affair with their daughter's friend

Mail Online | 1/13/2018 | Rebecca Hardy for the Daily Mail
JimmyJoe (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/01/12/20/48127A6F00000578-0-image-a-5_1515789181676.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2016/09/30/2944551884222019161/1024x576_MP4_2944551884222019161.mp4

Julia doesn’t know whether she’s coming or going.

A week ago, she picked up the newspapers to see photographs of her 60-year-old husband, football commentator Richard Keys, strolling hand in hand with 28-year-old lover Lucie Rose on a Qatari beach.

Fact - Blind - Time - Months - Affair

This is despite the fact that, she says, he had sworn blind to her, time and again over the past 18 months, that the affair which has devastated their 36-year marriage, was over.

He’d begged her, as recently as Christmas, to come back to him.

Photograph - Man - Hands - Somebody - Daughter

‘Seeing that photograph of the man you’ve been with for so long holding hands with somebody who, quite honestly, could be his daughter, it’s like, well . . .’

She fumbles for the right words.

Immediate - Feeling - Husband - Father - Children

‘Your immediate feeling is: “This isn’t right. He’s my husband. He’s the father of my children. He belongs to me.”

‘What you’re seeing doesn’t fit your picture of what your life should be.

'It - Cliche - Stomach - Reality - Face

'It’s a cliche, but my stomach did flip. It’s a reality that smacks you in the face.

'Up until then, all you have are his words, his explanations, his denials, his reassurances, his lies.

Truth - Face - Husband - Somebody

‘Suddenly, the truth is staring you in the face that your husband, whatever he says to you, is actually involved with somebody else.

'Part of you wants to throttle him, but another part still cares for him. Love is a very deep thing. There is no logic to it.’

None - Whatsoever

None whatsoever, it seems.

Last June, ten months after filing for divorce on the grounds of Richard’s adultery, and naming lawyer Lucie — the former best friend of their 32-year-old daughter Jemma, in the petition — Julia put her deep hurt aside literally to save his life.

Richard - Britain - Doha - Qatar - TV

Richard had come to Britain from Doha, in Qatar, where he works as a TV sport presenter,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!