Tonya Harding dumped by agent for plan to fine journalists

BostonGlobe.com | 1/12/2018 | By Mark Shanahan - Reporter
Click For Photo: https://www.bostonglobe.com/rf/image_585w/Boston/2011-2020/2018/01/05/BostonGlobe.com/Arts/Images/ABCNews_06TyColumn_001.jpg

Former Olympic figure skater Tonya Harding may not have changed her stripes after all.

In the PR blitz surrounding the new movie “I, Tonya,” Harding has been made to seem softer and more sympathetic than the cut-throat competitor accused, along with her then-husband Jeff Gillooly, of kneecapping Nancy Kerrigan before the 1994 Winter Olympics. But Tonya 2.0 turns out to be a lot like the woman we used to know.

Week - Harding - Publicist/agent - Michael - A

This week, Harding was dumped by her publicist/agent Michael A. Rosenberg for ordering that journalists who ask about the infamous incident with Kerrigan be fined $25,000. According to Rosenberg, Harding demanded that reporters sign an affidavit stating that they wouldn’t ask her anything “about the past” or they’d be fined.

“Obviously,” wrote Rosenberg, “it doesn’t work that way, and therefore I’ve chosen to terminate our business relationship. I am sad as I write this; but at the same time I’m happy that I had such an adventure with the movie and with recreating a new positive image for (Harding) in the public eye. And I sincerely wish her the best.”

Weekender - Inbox

Get The Weekender in your inbox:

The Globe's top picks for what to see and do...
(Excerpt) Read more at: BostonGlobe.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Democrate or Republican, the difference is less than the thickness of a cigarette paper, or a slice of pastrami at a delicatesean.