A man walks into TV station and confesses to a decades-old cold case murder on camera

Rare | 1/12/2018 | Jessica Sooknanan
Goobee (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://coxrare.files.wordpress.com/2018/01/screen-shot-2018-01-12-at-4-31-03-pm.png?w=1200&h=627&crop=1

A 1993 cold case murder may be solved after a man walked into a television news station and confessed. He and two others have since been arrested in connection with the crime.

Brian Keith Hawkins, 46, walked into KRCR and confessed to the 1993 murder of 20-year-old Frank Wesley McAlister in Shingletown, California.

McAlister - Family - Time - Remains - Year

McAlister’s family reported him missing at the time, but his remains weren’t found until the next year by a hiker.

Hawkins said the guilt ate away at him over the years.

God - Christ - Things - Course - Years

“God and Christ and these things that have happened over the course of 25 years have pushed me and pushed me to do the right thing,” said Hawkins. “I know the wrong can’t be changed but this is the closest I can come to doing the right thing.”

While he didn’t share details of what happened that night with KRCR, police later released a statement, according to Fox News. Redding police said Hawkins and two others, Curtis Culver and Shanna Culver, lured McAlister to Shingletown under the guise of selling him drugs. Then, they robbed him, while Hawkins and Curtis Culver stabbed him to death. Police say...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Rare
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!