Inside the blood-splattered world of hardcore wrestling where fighters use clubs, barbed wire and broken glass at ultra-violent events such as the 'Weekend of Death'

Mail Online | 1/12/2018 | Jessica Green For Mailonline
Coraav (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/01/12/17/481204CE00000578-0-image-a-2_1515777592992.jpg

Brutal, hardcore and violent. Death-match wrestling leaves the opponents in a mess of beaten flesh and bruised bones and is renowned as the bloodiest sport in the world.

Shocking photos reveal the horrific gore each wrestler faces as men and women beat each other with glass tubes, barbed-wire bats and fan-made weapons.

Fighters - America - Part - Events - Rooftops

These fighters travel across America taking part in the extremely violent wrestling events - such as hurling themselves off rooftops into pits of fire and glass - all to the amusement of their many loyal supporters.

Photographer Marc McAndrew took the graphic images after he spent two years documenting and following the fighters lives.

Sport - Stars - Bulldozer - Matt - Tremont

One of the sport's biggest stars, 'The Bulldozer' Matt Tremont, 30, told Sun Online: 'When we're getting busted open, we're getting busted open the hard way.

'There's no special preparation - as crazy as it sounds, it's just another day at the office for me.'

Matt - UK - Asia - Years - Business

Matt, who has wrestled in the UK and Asia during his 11 years in the business, says the most extreme trick he ever attempted was a move called the 'Death Valley Driver'.

For this he jumped from a 20-foot-high steel cage and landed through three sheets of glass all while carrying another wrestler - who weighed at least 300-pounds - on his back.

Injuries - Course - Events - Hardcore - Wrestlers

While injuries are of course common during the ultra-violent events, most hardcore wrestlers fix themselves with sutures or glue before getting ready to fight again.

Matt wrestles between one and three times a week...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!