Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/01/12/11/480DFE5C00000578-0-image-a-10_1515754979325.jpg
A deadly diarrhoea and vomiting bug has been found in tap water in the surrounding area of Bristol, causing primary schools to close.
People living in Clevedon with a postcode of BS21 or BS49 have been told to boil their drinking water until further notice after the parasite Cryptosporidium, which causes watery diarrhoea, vomiting, fever and dehydration, was found in local samples.
Bristol - Water - Notice - Thursday - Staff
Bristol Water, who issued the notice at around 5.45pm on Thursday, has staff going door-to-door supplying bottled water to 'vulnerable customers', such as the elderly and children, living in the local area.
Clevedon School and Mary Elton Primary School are closed today for 'health and safety reasons'.
Water - Warning - Sunday - January
The tap water warning is not expected to be lifted until Sunday January 14 at the earliest.
Cryptosporidium can be life-threatening in people with weak immune systems such as those undergoing chemotherapy or organ transplants.
Two primary schools closed
Dean Hudd, headteacher at Mary Elton Primary School, said: 'The two schools, Mary Elton and Clevedon, that have been affected by the contaminated water have made the...
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!