Nets Thrilled by Obama Talking Dance Moves on Letterman’s New Netflix Show

NewsBusters | 1/11/2018 | Staff
Fubu_chik (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/2018-01-11-abc-gma-obamaletterman.png

The same networks that refused to cover shocking revelations about the Obama administration derailing efforts to fight drug trafficking by Iranian-backed terror group Hezbollah, on Thursday, were eager to tout the former president talking about his bad dance moves during an interview with David Letterman for a new Netflix show. In addition, only NBC’s Today mentioned Letterman’s past sex scandals being a source of “controversy” in light of the #MeToo movement.

Eager to welcome Obama and Letterman back to the public stage, the CBS, ABC, and NBC morning shows all promoted My Next Guest Needs No Introduction premiering Friday on the streaming service. On CBS This Morning, new co-host John Dickerson announced: “The former president, Barack Obama, shared his secret to successful dad dance moves with David Letterman. He is the first guest on Letterman’s upcoming show on Netflix.”

Gayle - King - Name - Series - My

Fellow co-host Gayle King chimed in: “I love the name of that series, My Next Guest Needs No Introduction.” Norah O’Donnell agreed: “Yeah, I like that too.” Moments later, O’Donnell gushed: “You have to admit, though, Barack Obama is just cool.”

On ABC’s Good Morning America, co-host George Stepahonopoulos happily proclaimed: “And former President Obama back in front of the cameras. You see him there for a new Netflix interview with David Letterman, talking about dad dancing.” After a clip played of the frivolous discussion, Stephanopoulos declared: “It’s good to be an ex-president.” Fellow co-host Robin Roberts thought it was like something out of a movie: “...it reminds me of the movie Hitch. Remember in Hitch, he was talking about staying in – you gotta stay right there in your zone...”

Report - NBC - Today - Correspondent - Stephanie

In a report for NBC’s Today, correspondent Stephanie Gosk fawned: “His new show on Netflix is called My Next Guest Needs No Introduction. Up first, Barack Obama, the former president’s first TV interview since...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!