Joe Biden claims toxic military burn pits may have been a 'significant factor' in his son's death from terminal brain cancer after serving in Iraq

Mail Online | 2/4/2013 | Mia De Graaf Health Editor For Dailymail.com
kimberly163 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/01/11/17/4805FD9F00000578-0-image-a-6_1515692049298.jpg

Joe Biden has acknowledged that toxic military burn pits could have been a 'significant' factor that drove his son to an early death from terminal brain cancer.

Beau Biden, who was 46 when he died in 2015, served in Iraq at two locations which commonly burned waste in open pits, using jet fuel to speed up the process.

Years - Studies - Links - Cancer - Burn

Now, after years of studies suggesting links between cancer and burn pits, Beau's father Joe has made his first public comments on the matter, saying he was 'stunned' by a book which tracked his son's exposure to the carcinogenic fumes.

'[T]hat stunned me. I didn’t know that,' Biden said in an interview with PBS News Hour on Wednesday.

Burn - Pits - Method - Waste - Afghanistan

Burn pits were a commonly-used method to get rid of waste in Afghanistan and Iraq, torching anything from paints and tires to electronics.

While the Department of Veterans Affairs does not yet acknowledge a link between the pits and long-term health risks, an increasing number of studies - including a book which Joe Biden cites called The Burn Pits: The Poisoning of America's Soldiers - are suggesting otherwise.

Burn - Pits - Joseph - Hickman - Chapter

The Burn Pits, by Joseph Hickman, featured an entire chapter on Beau Biden.

Beau, the former...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!