A La Carte (January 10)

Tim Challies | 1/10/2018 | Staff
jster97 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.challies.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ALaCarte-NewspaperScript_2b-WED-940x492.jpg

There isn’t a whole lot to speak of in Kindle deals. The search continues. Meanwhile, on the print side, Westminster Books is kicking off their year by having a sale on some of last year’s bestsellers.

This new feature from Ligonier Ministries is one of the most ambitious things I’ve ever seen a ministry attempt. Bravo!

Step - Time - Hospital - Hallway - Walker

This is beautiful. “She was walking, one tiny step at a time, up the hospital hallway when we spotted her. She looked surprisingly radiant, leaning on a walker in her pink pajamas and pink robe. She has been in the hospital for a week, her 83 year old body fighting off pneumonia while doctors and nurses prick and poke and do all they can to make her well again. Chad and I were excited to see her, our friend Carolyn who always has a smile and an encouraging word. It was good to find her up and going, however slowly, and we walked alongside her, matching her shuffling steps as she told us all about her hospital stay.”

This story broke through blogs and has since been picked up by the mainstream media.

FPIW - President - Joseph - Backholm - Reasons

“FPIW President, Joseph Backholm, talks about 4 Reasons Contract Surrogacy Should Not Be Legal In Washington State.” Though he speaks specifically in the context of Washington, what he says is applicable everywhere.

Josh Buice talks about how his church practices fencing the table for Lord’s Supper. “Sunday, as our church gathered and I was fencing the table, I made it a point to not only talk...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Tim Challies
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: