Donald Trump’s “Read My Lips” Moment?

Trevor Loudon's New Zeal Blog | 1/9/2018 | Thomas Wigand
cobra662 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://www.trevorloudon.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Trump-Two-faced.png

Click For Photo: http://www.trevorloudon.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Trump-Two-faced-300x158.png

Are we about to find that we have President Two-faced Trump?

The Democrats well remember their success in baiting George H. Bush into alienating his base by persuading him to renege on his campaign pledge: “Read my lips … no new taxes!” Well the new taxes came, the already suspicious base could no longer rationalize to themselves that Bush would continue the Reagan legacy, and Bush was a single-term President. His successor being none other than Bill Clinton.

Mere - Days - Contributor - Piece - Dangers

Mere days ago this contributor posted a piece discussing the dangers of DACA and immigration generally, and making the comparison of Donald Trump to Winston Churchill. That piece was inspired by two motivations: 1) concern about the smoke signals coming out of the Republican Party last weekend (e.g., Lindsey Graham) implying that an immigration deal betrayal was imminent; and 2) expectation that, like Churchill, Trump recognized the existential threat to this nation and would hold the line on his campaign promises to his base.

That optimism concerning Trump was borne of pleasant surprise at (most of) his moves thus far. This writer began the 2016 race as a Ted Cruz supporter; and while appreciating (amongst other things) Trump’s strong stance on illegal immigration, tended to discount it as (frankly) bull to lure the “bubba vote.” After all, Trump was from New York and hobnobbed with Democrats all his life; his campaign utterances had to be a ruse. That said, after Cruz dropped out, and the race became a choice of Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump, the choice was easy — roll the dice on Trump and hope for the best. As many of us experienced, we were glad to have (apparently) misjudged the man, for up until today his record was, if not perfect, solidly and aggressively conservative, i.e., pro-American.

Today - January

That was then; today, January 9,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Trevor Loudon's New Zeal Blog
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: