FIRE hits Quebec City's ice hotel: Couple are sent to hospital after blaze sweeps through the 'giant igloo' - but the structure is left unscathed

Mail Online | 1/11/2018 | Daniel Roth For Dailymail.com
Emzah92 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/01/11/03/4800813400000578-0-image-a-59_1515641979483.jpg

An ice-themed hotel in Canada was forced to evacuate its guests on Tuesday after a small fire broke out in the building.

According to local authorities, a blaze broke out inside one of the 45 guest rooms at the Village Vacances Valcartier winter park in Quebec, Canada, a complex completely made out of ice.

'When - Phone - Call - Fire - Ice

'When I received the phone call they had to repeat twice that there was a fire in the ice hotel,' said manager Jacques Desbois.

CBC News reported that the fire caused little damage to the structure itself. But smoke quickly seeped through the corridors of the hotel, leading staff to take cautionary measures to protect its customers.

Investigation - Fire - Desbois - CBC - News

An investigation into the fire is underway. Desbois told CBC News that an electrical problem has already been ruled out as a possibility.

'In a room made out of ice and snow there are few clues to look at,' he said.

Guest - Radio-Canada - Fire - Candle

A guest that spoke to Radio-Canada claims the fire started when a candle fell atop a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!