Man, 55, is arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after huge blaze gutted a £400,000 home on quiet village street

Mail Online | 1/11/2018 | Mark Duell for MailOnline
JimmyJoe (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/01/10/12/47FA6AA200000578-0-image-a-29_1515585987751.jpg

A 55-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after a huge fire destroyed a £400,000 home on a quiet village street.

The blaze is believed to have been started deliberately yesterday afternoon and gutted the three-bedroom detached house in West Moors, Dorset.

Paramedics - Man - Scene - Smoke - Inhalation

Paramedics treated one man at the scene for smoke inhalation, but he was later arrested by police in connection with the fire and is now being questioned.

Neighbours said a couple moved into the 1970s-built house about two years ago but recently a woman had been living there by herself.

Fire - Property - £365 - October - £415

It is not known exactly how the fire started but the property, which was sold for £365,000 in October 2014 and is now worth about £415,000, was destroyed.

Fire crews rushed to the scene at about 1pm yesterday and put out the blaze. Investigators used specially trained dogs as they examined the property for clues.

Resident - Window

One local resident, who asked not to be named, said: 'I live just opposite and looked out the window...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!