This girl had so many burns that her toe fell off. Her mom said it was from a bath, cops say

miamiherald | 1/10/2018 | Staff
spiderMonkey (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://pics.mcclatchyinteractive.com/news/nation-world/national/mtfr6e/picture193905039/alternates/LANDSCAPE_1140/Screen%20Shot%202018-01-10%20at%209.45.16%20AM?&imgtype=.jpg

Right before he turned himself in on a warrant, Kyle Barrett said he got one last moment with his 4-year-old daughter Gabrielle.

“I got to give her a kiss and a hug and say I loved her,” he told the Detroit Free Press.

Time - Sumpter - Township - Michigan - Daughter

It would be the last time the 26-year-old from Sumpter Township, Michigan, would ever see his daughter alive.

Police say they found Gabrielle unresponsive on Jan. 1 just before 11 a.m. with burns and bruises covering her body, according to Michigan Live. The girl, who family members were performing CPR on when officers arrived, was pronounced dead at a local hospital.

Father - Jail - Days - Candice - Diaz

Her father got out of jail two days later — and soon pleaded with Candice Diaz, the girl’s 24-year-old mother, to turn herself and her boyfriend Brad Fields, 28, in to authorities.

They are both wanted on charges of murder, child abuse and torture, police wrote in a press release.

Barrett - WXYZ - Diaz - Something - Boyfriend

“Do I think she did it? To be honest with you, no,” Barrett told WXYZ about Diaz. “I think she had something to do with it but I think it was her boyfriend that actually abused them.”

"I want her to turn herself in," he added, "I want justice for Gabby."

Week - Gabrielle - Death - Diaz - Fields

A week after Gabrielle’s death, both Diaz and Fields were arrested outside of Lake Park, Georgia on Jan. 9, police wrote. There was a $5,000 reward for anyone who helped capture the pair, who police believe fled in a car after the girl’s death was ruled a homicide on Jan. 3.

According to a court document obtained by the Free Press, Diaz told a Child Protective Services Worker that her daughter was burned on Dec. 31 after the 4-year-old prepared her own bath — but the mother said she didn’t seek medical treatment for injuries.

Diaz - Daughter - Bath

Diaz said she gave her a daughter a bath the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: miamiherald
Wake Up To Breaking News!