Houston has a heap of cheap and free comedy shows happening this week

Rare | 1/10/2018 | John Bogna
Click For Photo: https://coxrare.files.wordpress.com/2018/01/pexels-photo-164829-e1515517138969.jpg?w=1200&h=627&crop=1

A post on the Houston subreddit shows this rest of this week is packed with comedy shows around the city.

A group called Houston Comedy put together the list, which includes shows at The Secret Group, Darwin’s Pub & Eatery, Avant Garden, CSz Houston and Midtown Bar & Grill.

None - Shows - Tickets - Side - Perks

None of the shows appear to be over $10 for tickets, and some of them come with side perks like free chips and salsa, or deals on drinks and food. In fact, the drinks at Avant Garden’s ‘Goddamnit’ comedy show are billed as “irresponsibly cheap.”

Below is Houston Comedy’s full list with details on each show:

WEDNESDAY - Jan

WEDNESDAY, Jan. 10:

THE SECRET GROUP: $2 BILL is a comedy show with free chips and salsa from El Real, as well as drink specials and prize giveaways. It starts at 8ish, and is followed by free karaoke at 10. Tickets are only $2. More info here.

DARWIN - PUB - EATERY - Wednesday - Spot

DARWIN’S PUB & EATERY: This is a great Wednesday spot for local comedy. Drink specials and cheap food, plus some of the better local comedians, all at one place. Someone a few weeks ago commented that it was a great place for a date, and I can’t say that they’re wrong! I no longer have a hand running this room, but it’s the capable hands of a comedian named Gavin Burr, who has already made some incredible improvements since I stopped helping out. 8:00, no cover.

THURSDAY, Jan. 11:

AVANT - GARDEN - GODDAMMIT - Houston - Comedy

AVANT GARDEN: GODDAMMIT! is one of Houston’s best comedy showcases. Drinks are irresponsibly cheap, it’s free (unless you feel like donating), and the taco truck that’s on the property is world-class. Every week, the show features some of the best comics in Houston, as well as frequent drop-ins from out-of-towners and famous comedians. Doors at 8, show starts at 9. More info...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Rare
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Governemnt sponsored segratation of America, one household at a time.