'Apologies for the delay, but these f*****g idiots have forgotten to bring the steps out AGAIN': Passengers reveal comedy announcements pilots have made on flights

Mail Online | 1/10/2018 | Jennifer Newton for MailOnline
normanorma (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/01/10/10/47F9D8A600000578-0-image-a-7_1515579068702.jpg

Most airline pilots stick to talking about the flight time, weather and altitude when making announcements to their passengers.

But some like to use the intercom to practise their comedy skills, as an internet forum has revealed.

Flyers - Discussion - Tales - Pilots - Lack

Flyers contributing to the discussion have recounted tales of pilots joking about their total lack of experience and making sarcastic remarks about the steps not being brought out.

The discussion on Quora began after a user posed the question: 'What is the coolest line a pilot has said to the passengers?'

Airline - Pilots - Ice - Passengers - Landing

And it seems that some airline pilots can't help but break the ice with passengers after they've experienced a rough landing.

Passenger Jan Gregory recalled taking a bumpy flight from Paris to Zurich where the captain had to battle bad weather and a big crosswind.

Pilot - 'This - Captain - Speaking - Bucks

And he revealed the pilot said on landing: 'This is the captain speaking. And now you know why they pay me the big bucks.'

Passenger Marshall Karp also had a bad experience while landing at New York in inclement weather on a flight from Houston.

Mood - Pilot - 'Ladies - Gentlemen - Eastern

But he says his mood was lifted when the pilot said: 'Ladies and gentlemen, at Eastern Airlines we have to earn our wings every day.

'And let me tell you folks, some days are a **** of a lot tougher than others.'

Bruce - Parson - Bone-jarring - Landing - Midland

And Bruce Parson says that after a 'frighteningly bone-jarring' landing at Midland Airport in Ontaria, the pilot lightened the mood by saying: 'Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Midland airport. I will be taking what’s left of the plane to gate two. Have a nice evening.'

Other passengers recalled how the pilots used their announcements to get people on board to comply with their rules.

Shubham - Monndhara - Flight - Mumbai - Passengers

Shubham Monndhara revealed how she was on a flight from Mumbai to Delhi when two passengers started fighting.

She explained: 'Once we were airborne and cruising,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Homeschool or State Thought Police School, you choose.