Celtics’ Jaylen Brown: The Latest America/Trump Basher Overseas

Black & Blonde Media | 1/9/2018 | Staff
jster97 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.blackandblondemedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Jaylen-Brown.jpg

The liberal writer for the UK’s Guardian condescendingly gushes over Boston Celtics guard Jaylen Brown. The Celtics are currently in London to play the Philadelphia 76ers Thursday but Donald McRae was obviously so impressed with Brown’s ability to put together coherent sentences and got him to talk about the one thing he assumed American black people always want to discuss: racism.

Jaylen Brown is one the most intelligent and interesting young athletes I’ve met in years and it seems fitting that, midway through our interview in Boston, he should retell a parable that brings together Martin Luther King and the great American writer David Foster Wallace.

McRae - Interview - Intelligence - Assessment - Preconceptions

Do you think McRae leads every interview with an intelligence assessment or is that just reserved for those who impress past his preconceptions? Chances are not very often, so with that it’s not a surprise that he’d steer a conversation with a black professional basketball player into not only publicly calling the nation that gave him an opportunity to be set for life financially “racist”, but go after a Republican president as a bonus.

Obviously Brown has scant recollection of the Dixie Chicks what that bright move did to their career.

Racism - South - Youth - Marietta - Georgia

“Racism definitely still exists in the South,” he says, remembering his youth in Marietta, Georgia. “I’ve experienced it through basketball. I’ve had people call me the n-word. I’ve had people come to basketball games dressed in monkey suits with a jersey on. I’ve had people paint their face black at my games. I’ve had people throw bananas in the stands.

“Racism definitely exists across America today. Of course it’s changed a lot – and my opportunities are far greater than they would have been 50 years ago. So some people think racism has dissipated or no longer exists. But it’s hidden in more strategic places. You have less...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Black & Blonde Media
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!