Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/01/09/13/47F0ED7D00000578-0-image-a-4_1515504963277.jpg
A man who went for a cigarette on a night out, woke up paralysed in a ditch hours later.
Dan Woodall, 26, a former electrician, suffered a drunken blackout 18 months ago and now cannot walk or work, and depends on a carer to help him carry out everyday tasks.
Cent - Chance - Mr - Woodall - Progress
Despite initially being given just a 0.5 per cent chance of ever walking again, Mr Woodall is making remarkable progress after embarking on a pioneering treatment that applies electrical stimulation to the legs, known as Neurokinex, which was backed by the late American actor and quadriplegic Christopher Reeve. The star became a household name after playing Superman in the 1980s.
Mr Woodall, from Rainham, Kent, said: 'The goal is to walk again.
June - MRI - Scan - Cord - Injury
'In June, an MRI scan showed that my spinal cord is going round the injury.
'The surgeon said he had never seen this before and we don't know yet what it will mean for me in the future. But if anyone can make it happen, Neurokinex can.'
'I thought it was the end'
Mr Woodall visited the nightclub Strawberry Moons in Maidstone, Kent, in June 2016, but woke up around 5:30am in a ditch near a Sainsbury's a couple of hundred yards away.
Mr - Woodall - Pain
When he woke up Mr Woodall said his legs 'felt dead and floppy', and he was in pain.
He managed to get the attention of a man walking home from a night shift and was rushed to hospital, where he was told he had just a 0.5 per cent chance of ever walking again.
He said: 'No one actually knows what happened and I can't remember anything.
'I went out for a couple of beers, I was only drinking Desperados - I haven't touched them since - and I had a drunken blackout.
'I'll never get my memory of exactly what happened...
Wake Up To Breaking News!
One of the countries we liberated was Russia, too bad it seems to have cost us our liberty.