Franken’s Senate Replacement Won’t Say If He Should Have Resigned, Says She Respects Feelings on Both Sides

Breitbart | 12/31/1969 | Staff
Click For Photo: http://media.breitbart.com/media/2018/01/Tina-Smith-18-Thumbnail.jpg

On Monday’s edition of CNN’s “New Day,” Senator Tina Smith (D-MN), who was appointed to replace Senator Al Franken (D-MN), refused to state whether she thinks Franken should have resigned and said that she respects the feelings on both sides of the debate over Franken’s resignation.

Co-host Alisyn Camerota asked Smith, “[D]o you think that he should have resigned?”

Smith - Al - Times - Al - Senator

Smith responded, “I know from having spoken to Al many times –, first of all, I want to say that Al was a really strong Senator for Minnesota. He advocated so well for us. And I also know that the decision that he made to resign was the decision that he felt the best thing for Minnesota, and I respect the decision that he made. And now, it’s up to me to move forward, and that’s what I’m going to do.”

Camerota then followed up, “I don’t have to tell you, a lot of his Democratic colleagues felt that it was too hasty, and that he should have stayed, he should have waited out an ethics commission, and there are repercussions of his resignation. I mean, not just, obviously, you sitting there, but just this weekend, one...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Democrate or Republican, the difference is less than the thickness of a cigarette paper, or a slice of pastrami at a delicatesean.