Emotional moment high school football coach puts his son onto the field after his battle with cancer let him on the sidelines - and clinches the state title with his play

Mail Online | 12/25/2017 | Daniel Roth For Dailymail.com
morica (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/12/25/14/47918A8100000578-0-image-a-14_1514212524062.jpg

After battling cancer for more than two years, the teenage son of a high school football coach took the field for the first time to cap off an emotional season.

A great weight appeared to be lifted off the shoulders of Rockdale High School Head Coach Jeff Miller Thursday evening when his son, Gunner, took to the gridiron to play the final snap of the team's championship game.

Gunner - Ewing - Sarcoma - Type - Cancer

Gunner had been sidelined since he was diagnosed with Ewing's Sarcoma in 2015, a rare type of cancer that grows in or around the bones and most often found in teenage males.

He spent 2015 and much of 2016 fighting the cancer, according to The Temple Daily Telegram, undergoing agonizing hours of rehab and therapy. In August, doctors deemed Miller in remission following surgery to remove his tumor.

Thursdays - Gunner - Game - Rivals - Brock

It wasn't until Thursdays, however, that Gunner was allowed him to suit up for the big game against rivals Brock High School in the Class 3A Division I title game.

'It wasn't...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!