'We look happy and strong': Breast cancer survivor poses for emotional shoot with her eight-year-old daughter who has alopecia to celebrate their bravery and unique beauty

Mail Online | 12/7/2017 | Aoibhinn Mcbride For Dailymail.com
hoppers911 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/12/07/18/4716A90B00000578-0-image-a-48_1512672134657.jpg

A breast cancer survivor who lost her hair during chemotherapy has posed for a special photo shoot with her young daughter who suffers from alopecia.

Kristi Tavenner, 38, from Tennessee, was diagnosed with the illness last April after finding a lump in her right breast.

Mastectomy - Rounds - Chemotherapy - Cancer-free - Breast

She had to undergo a double mastectomy and four rounds of chemotherapy, but is now living cancer-free, and underwent breast reconstruction surgery last week.

But having lost all of her hair during treatment, Kristi decided to take the opportunity to celebrate her battle with the deadly disease by posing in a poignant photo shoot with her eight-year-old daughter, Rose.

Rose - Alopecia - Age - Wig - Headscarves

Rose was diagnosed with alopecia at the age of five, and although she has a wig, she chooses not to wear it or headscarves.

And it was her daughter's own bravery in accepting her bare head that inspired Kristi to do the same, ditching her wig around family and friends by mid-September.

Decision - Baldness - Kristi - 'I - Rose

Speaking to Cosmopolitan about her decision to embrace her baldness, Kristi revealed: 'I told [Rose] she was so brave, and I asked her how she did it, and if she could help me be more brave and feel more comfortable without a wig on.

'She looked me and said, "Momma, You just do it."'

Hair - Kristi - Rose - Chemotherapy

Admitting that she was initially 'scared' about losing her hair, Kristi also shared that she was worried about how Rose would feel when he hair started to come back after chemotherapy.

And when a photographer friend, Kellie Pizza of Kellie Rose Photography offered to take photos of the mother daughter duo to capture their momentary likeness,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Don't panic!