Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/12/07/11/4713ACCE00000578-0-image-a-47_1512647696405.jpg
A mother-of-one feared she was 'disfigured' for life after the lid of her thermal mug 'collapsed' and poured scalding-hot latte on her face.
Abigail Jones was left screaming in 'excruciating' pain earlier this year when the instant latte she made with boiling water hit her skin.
Welts - Blisters - Chin - Jawline - Neck
Red welts and blisters covered her chin, lower jawline, neck, chest and six inches of her inner arm after the accident in February.
The devastated mother, from Spilsby, Lincs, was rushed to hospital by her father Roger and feared she would need skin grafts.
Months - Thanks - Treatment - Specialist - Burns
But nine months on, thanks to treatment from specialist burns doctors, Ms Jones's injuries have completely healed.
Childminder Ms Jones, 30, said: 'I couldn't compare the pain to anything else.
Burn - Something - Oven - Finger - Straighteners
'If you get a burn from something like catching yourself on the oven or catching your finger on your straighteners it's a quick, sharp pain.
'This was a very prolonged burn which left me in constant pain, it was awful.
'I - Lot - Shock - Pain - Crying
'I was in a lot of shock when it happened, I remember just screaming through the pain and crying.
'At the hospital I asked a doctor the worst-case scenario and he said I might need to have a skin graft.
'That worried me, I was thinking 'I'm going to be disfigured, how are people going to look at me?'
'It was the emotional as well as physical injuries. I was dealing with.'
Latte - Lover - Ms - Jones - Drink
Latte lover Ms Jones had made herself a drink using instant latte powder and hot water, but no milk, which she poured into an old travel mug to take in the car.
The mother-of-one took a sip from it in the kitchen before leaving the house and thought she'd pushed the lid down firmly as usual before taking a sip.
Ms - Jones - 'I - Coffee - Car
Ms Jones said: 'I wanted a coffee in the car so made the drink and thought the lid was on correctly, but...
Wake Up To Breaking News!