Gingrich Defends Franken: No Due Process, No Hearings: 'Let's Just Lynch Him'

CNS News | 12/7/2017 | Staff
nallynally (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/capture-gingrich_0.jpg

(CNSNews.com) - Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) is expected to make an announcement in Washington today, after dozens of his fellow Democrats, led by Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), on Wednesday urged him to resign as sexual harassment allegations against him pile up.

It's not clear if Franken will resign. And he's getting support from an unlikely corner, as former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said a lynch-mob mentality has taken hold in the Democrat Party:

First - Gingrich - Fox - News - Laura

First of all, I'm going to be very politically incorrect,” Gingrich told Fox News’s Laura Ingraham Wednesday night.

Let's go back to who Al Franken was a month ago. He had the number one best-selling book. He was a very funny guy. Democrats loved him. He was doing fine, and then things began to fall apart. Now all of these nice people -- none of whom have given back the money that they raised from Harvey Weinstein; none of whom have repudiated Hillary Clinton or Bill Clinton; none of whom seemed offended in the past -- suddenly in a paroxysm of moral outrage, creating a lynch mob.

Today - Mob - Process - Anybody - Questions

And what you saw today was a lynch mob. Let's not have due process, let's not ask anybody in questions, let's not have any chance to have a hearing. Let's just lynch him --- because when we're done we will be so pure. We will feel so good.

This is a party which is losing his mind. I'm being very politically incorrect, but let me just be clear. I think that the Gillibrands and others are literally losing their minds. I think that Elizabeth Warren is losing her mind. I think they're in this moment of the existential enthusiasm which in the Middle Ages we called flagellante -- people would walk around and they would beat themselves. They would say, oh, I feel so much...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
He is faithful!