‘If your job was to reassure people I’m not sure you have done it!’ Chris Grayling struggles to cope with BBC Breakfast grilling on why Brexit deal hit the skids as Twitter goes wild for ‘bad a**’ presenter Charlie Stayt

Mail Online | 12/7/2017 | Kate Ferguson, Political Correspondent For Mailonline
camkizzle (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/12/07/10/47133BE600000578-0-image-a-10_1512642881369.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/12/07/5916614846604985795/1024x576_MP4_5916614846604985795.mp4

Chris Grayling was left floundering this morning as he got an on-air grilling about why the Government's Brexit plans hit the skids in what viewers branded a 'car crash' interview.

The Transport Secretary left the presenter Charlie Stayt less than impressed as he refused to say what ministers are doing to get the stalled talks back on track.

Theresa - May - Minsters - Hours - DUP

Theresa May and her minsters have been given just 48 hours to get the DUP to sign up to a new plan or face trade talks being delayed until next year.

Viewers heaped praise on Stayt and said he was showing Radio 4's flagship Today programme how it's done, while another viewer hailed him a 'bad a**'.

Assessment - Cabinet - Minister - Explanation - Negotiations

In a scathing assessment of the Cabinet minister's explanation as to why negotiations have hit the buffers, Stayt said: ‘I'm not quite sure what your role was today in doing media interview.

'Was your job to reassure people that everything is going well and everything is in hand?' Because I am not sure you are doing that.’

PM - Push - Deal - Stage - Talks

The PM's push to strike a deal to move on to the next stage of talks collapsed at the eleventh hour on Monday after the DUP pulled the plug on the plan amid fears it would tear the UK apart.

Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar last night said he expected to see a new draft of the proposed divorce deal today so the new plan can be back in Brussels this week.

DUP - Water - Hoped - Resolution - Agreement

But the DUP poured cold water on hoped for a quick resolution and say they do not expect a new agreement this week.

As Mrs May faces a frantic scramble to get the crunch talks back on track, her Brexit -backing Transport Secretary toured the television studios this morning to bat for the Government.

Stayt - Government

But as Stayt grilled him about how the Government...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It had only one fault, it was useless.