I Believe Franken’s Accusers Because He Groped Me, Too

The Atlantic | 8/17/1998 | Tina Dupuy
hoppers911 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cdn.theatlantic.com/assets/media/img/mt/2017/12/Franken_3/facebook.jpg?1512590201

I have a radical idea: Maybe Democrats can replace politicians who harass and abuse women with anyone other than an abuser. There are good men in the world. I married one. I’ve worked with many more. Do we really believe our talent pool will dry up and our caucus will be nonexistent once we kick out all the creepers? I don’t. What if protecting men who harass and abuse women isn’t actually good for women?

Maybe, just maybe, it’s only good for the men.

Year - Pervert - Purge - Truths - Heroes

This year’s pervert purge has inspired many to look at uncomfortable truths about their heroes, their co-workers, and their values. The New York Times’s Michelle Goldberg repented of her support for Bill Clinton, writing a piece with a battering ram as a headline, “I believe Juanita.” For me, it’s been sinking in that the working white women who felt condescended to by affluent feminists voted, by significant margins, for an admitted sexual predator over the lady who’d not believe them if they were abused by someone she liked. Their choices don’t seem so ridiculous to me any longer.

Democrats sold our soul. Nothing makes that more clear than how women voted in the 2016 election.

Bill - Clinton - Hillary

I’m also no longer defending Bill Clinton. I’m ashamed I ever did. But I’m not condemning or admonishing Hillary. I think we all make the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Atlantic
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Don't panic!
Tagged: