Do you love your grandchildren more than your daughter? One daughter says her mother confessed to her that she loves her children more than her

Mail Online | 11/23/2017 | Samantha Brick for the Daily Mail
townskey13 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/11/23/00/469D87D600000578-0-image-a-18_1511395556811.jpg

When Stephanie Durrant turns up to her mother's house nowadays, the welcome she gets is not entirely rapturous.

In fact, her mum barely looks her in the eye or bothers to ask how she is. As for a hug and a kiss on the cheek, forget it.

Months - Stephanie - Worker - Nethergate - Norwich

For seven months ago, Stephanie, a 30-year-old pre-school worker from Nethergate, Norwich, gave birth to twin girls Mollie and Rosie. It made Carolyn, 64, a grandmother — and from that moment on, she's had eyes for no one else.

Stephanie, who is married to Richard, 35, a digital sales and marketing director, knows only too well that she is no longer mummy's princess. 'Mum has admitted she's besotted with the girls,' she says. 'I think it's because they are twins that I've been totally forgotten.

'She - Feeling - Birth - Sisters - Twins

'She's explained to me the overwhelming feeling she had when she gave birth to me and my sisters, but that with my twins, the feeling was multiplied by ten.

'So when she confessed that she feels she loves Mollie and Rosie more than me, I understood.'

Fact - Carolyn - Behaviour - Grandmother - Holidays

In fact, it's fair to say that Carolyn's behaviour is fairly typical of a first-time grandmother, offering holidays in the sun and babysitting on tap.

Today's grandmothers are more than happy to lavish love, time and carefully managed pension pots on their adored grandchildren.

Patience - Abundance - Wonder - Experience - Mothers

With all this and patience in abundance, it's no wonder they are enjoying the experience so much more than when they were young mothers themselves.

A recent online discussion about this intense feeling sparked debate among grandmothers, with one even claiming to know of a friend who'd admitted, shockingly, that she had daydreams about her granddaughter being orphaned so she could bring her up!

Comments - Grandma - Pinch - Salt - Today

While the comments of that smitten grandma should be taken with a sizeable pinch of salt, it's true that today's grandparents enjoy relationships with...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!