Va. school chairman: Students 'not required' to stand for pledge, calls Trump 'bonafide idiot'

WTTG | 11/21/2017 | Staff
hubbog (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.fox5dc.com/media.fox5dc.com/photo/2017/11/21/american-flag-pledge_1473944463061_1995461_ver1.0_640_360_1511298432881_4549465_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Ryan Sawyers, who is Chairman of the Prince William County School Board, said in a tweet on Monday: "Your are not required to stand for the national anthem or pledge. There will be no action taken against you for choosing to not stand or participate. Our President is a bonafide idiot but you are safe in PWCS."

Attention PWCS students and staff. Your are not required to stand for the national anthem or pledge. There will be no action taken against you for choosing to not stand or participate.

Sawyers - FOX5 - Paul - Wagner - Tweet

Sawyers spoke to FOX5's Paul Wagner, and says he didn't expect his tweet to get the attention that it did.

"I didn't put it out. I certainly may have raised an elevation with my tweet, which I certainly didn't think it was going to get the attention it did. I find no shame in making sure students and families know what their rights are in the school system."

Tweet - Praise - Criticism - Conversation - Athletes

The tweet was received with both praise and criticism, following the continuing conversation on athletes standing for the national anthem during games.

Oh wow... I don't care where he stands political in his personal home and in...
(Excerpt) Read more at: WTTG
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!